Room

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Room

Post by Welsh Mum »

Didn't think I would like this book, but a friend persuaded me to read it and I relly enjoyed it. Although the subject matter is very dark, its actually quite an uplifting book. (in the same way The Lovely Bones is). The way the author manages to write from the point of view of a 5 yr old is very believable.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
als17
BRIT Award

Re: Room

Post by als17 »

I'm in a book club and we recently read this book. I wasn't looking forward to it, and wouldn't have chosen it myself, but I also found it very uplifting. It is beautifully written from the boy's perspective and really makes you think about all the things you take for granted in everyday life. I would recommend it!
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Have just bought the book today. Looking forward to reading it now after your comments.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

I have just finished this book and i have to say i really enjoyed reading it. It was fascinating reading the bond that had developed between the mother and son . The way the author wrote from Jack's point of view was incredible.She must have researched this area in so much depth. I bought this on my kindle, so didn't actually see the book/cover etc... and wasn't sure to begin with if it was based on her experience. I'd recommend it and agree-you count your blessings when you finish it.
als17
BRIT Award

Post by als17 »

Glad you enjoyed it, Mogs. :D
littlemonster2
Nominee

Post by littlemonster2 »

Just finished reading this, and I have to say it's one of the best books I've read in a long time. It's gone all round the office and we all thought it was a great read. I even had a racing heartbeat at the crucial bit "don't want to spoil it" but those that have read it, know which bit I mean. :)
Tami87
Nominee

Post by Tami87 »

The Lovely Bones is a good book i agree.
I have something to recommend too:
Hugh Laurie "The Gun Seller". It is different from what you are talking about but it is still great