Rocketman - Jo Hawes Casting

Postby Humph » Tue May 22, 2018 10:09 am

I hope this is useful for someones DS :

ROCKETMAN - a Paramount / Goldcrest film to be directed by Dexter Fletcher

Filming dates August - rehearsal and pre-recording prior dates TBC
Shooting on location and at Bray Studios
****Auditions as soon as I can organise them.****

Two boys to be cast for this to play the young Elton John
Fair skinned, fab voices - they have to sing Elton John numbers - some movement for the younger one whilst the older one has to dance.

Boy 1 / to play 6 years old - he will sing The Bitch is Back
Boy 2 / 12 - 14 years old - broken voice - he will sing Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting and I Want Love

Elton John (born Reginald Dwight) was always going to be “someone" and this is what these boys have to like - special. This boy is smart, quick witted and talented. These boys must be fabulous actors. They can live anywhere in the UK but must be able to deliver a London accent - Elton John was born in Pinner so whilst we will see boys from all over, other accents will need to be eliminated.
Taron Egerton is playing Elton and he is 5 foot 7 so the height limit for the older boy is 5’4.
Please make suggestions to me on email with name, height a photo and a few lines about any previous experience. Please make that info short - bullet points is fine - and please do not direct me to Spotlight links.

If your child / client is suitable / interestred / available please email me back asap. The first auditions are this coming Saturday in London - there nothing to prepare - we will do it all at the time.

Return to “Auditions 0- 8 yrs”